EFPC provide in-house and public workshops on Framework Program Proposal Writing, which include extensive modules on Section B. Please contact us here for more information.
As an example, RTD ICT Proposals are made up of two parts:
Part B contains the technical proposal and consortium details
First thing to do is take an electronic copy of the correct template for this instrument and call. Source can be the appendix to the Proposers Guide or the Template that can be down loaded from EPSS for this call and instrument or some other source. What is important is to set it up correctly and consistently. i.e. language variant, heading structure, A4 page setup, font and text size, correct headers and footers as per Proposers Guide.
Ensure that the content rules are understood such as no use of colour in the proposal and if external graphics are to be incorporated, the definition is appropriate i.e. no more than say 300 dpi or a simple illustration can consume say 10 Mbytes.
It is imperative that you look at the correct proposers guide. Each call of each priority has one. The Proposer Guides identify the following required contents for Part B:
All instruments -
1. Scientific and Technical Quality:
· Soundness of concept, and quality of objectives
· Progress beyond the state-of-the-art
· Quality and effectiveness of the S & T methodology and associated work-plan
(Quality of the consortium and of the management and Mobilisation of the resources)
· Appropriateness of the management structures and procedures
· Quality and relevant experience of the individual participants
· Quality of the consortium as a whole (including complementarity, balance)
· Appropriate allocation and justification of the resources to be committed ((budget, staff, equipment).
(Potential impact and Relevance)
· Contribution at the European or international level to the expected impacts listed in the work program under the relevant activity
· Appropriateness of measures for the dissemination and/or exploitation of project results, and management of intellectual property
and NoEs have to supply –
• Detailed joint program of activities (JPA)
The evaluation criteria are slightly different for each instrument. Please remember, that for electronic submittal the document has to be converted to pdf.