The CEEC-IST-NET project is an FP6 support action which started in February 2005 and will continue for 2 years.
The overall objective of the project is to facilitate the participation of organisations from the IST sector originating from the central and eastern New Member States and Candidate Countries in the activities of the FP6 priority 2 “Information Society Technologies.
The project partners are from: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Turkey, France, Portugal, Israel and Sweden. The latter four specialise in IST and are highly experienced in setting up European research projects.
1. To enhance the awareness of IST-related RTD centres and SMEs from the CEEC on FP6 and on the 2nd thematic priority,
2. To stimulate the networking of researchers in the IST sector,
3. To facilitate partner searching for the creation of consortia,
4. To support researchers and SMEs originated from the CEEC to participate in FP6 activities,
5. To promote CEEC research competencies in IST,
6. To publish and disseminate synthetic information about IST in the CEEC.
The project starts by screening IST RTD centres & SMEs from the CEEC and forming working groups to network research organisations, and incubate new project ideas on 4 thematic IST areas: “Networked communication and audio-visual systems”, “Micro and nano components & systems”, “Software and sensor-based systems and services”, “Applied ICT”.
The project will then develop:
· A detailed on-line free database (containing information about these organisations)
· A community web portal (presenting the methodology to set up European projects, upcoming IST & FP6 events, funding opportunities, early FP7 information etc,)
· Assistance to CEEC organisations (SME, RTD centres) willing to participate to the activities of FP6 priority 2 will be provided.
· National mapping reports (mapping IST skills and competencies across technology sectors and subsectors.